Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wrapping up the weekend

We had a really nice weekend! Both the kiddos slept in both days so I got lots of sleep - it was nice. This morning Denver and I got some extra one-on-one playtime while Katelynn slept in. He loves the purple phone on the walker.
 

I don't know how he got that scratch on his forehead. I checked his nails and they looked good, but I trimmed them anyway.
When Katelynn woke up I piled the kiddos and dog into the car and we headed to Ft Smallwood Park in Pasadena. It was a very nice small park with an excellent view and Katelynn liked that it had a play place. Again, it was another hot day, so we only stayed for about 2 1/2 hours. A nice perk - we got in free for being military!
This is what we pulled up to...
The start of our walk
 
It was so nice and cool along the waterfront...I wish that's where they'd built the play place.
Enjoying the swings.
 
 
 
These were fake rocks...interesting.
Just hanging out in the grass by the water.
 
 
I see getting the two of them to look at the camera at the same time is going to be tricky!!
I'm so tired!
 
Hello!
Come here Mommy!
Trying to wash someone's car...
Ready to head home
This afternoon we broke out the slip and slide. The kids had a great time. Denver just sat at the top and played in the sprinkler.
Katelynn walked up and down the slide - as usual 

Denver pushing her out of the way
Katelynn attempting to go on her belly. She went about halfway down yelling "it's cold, it's cold" LOL
At the halfway mark she turned around and sat on her butt
After we were all done I dried Katelynn off and put her on the patio, she turned around and face planted. Poor thing. Can you make out the bruise on her head. I think they just took away my mother of the year award.

No comments:

Post a Comment