Friday, July 29, 2011

Denver - 6 month update

We had Denver's 6 month appointment yesterday. Our little chunker weighs 18 pounds, 11 ounces and is 27.5" tall. I can't find Katelynn's 6 month paperwork but at 4 months she was 10 pounds 6 ounces; 23 3/4" tall and at 9 months she was 13 pounds 5 ounces; 26 1/4" tall. So he is already taller and heavier then her at this age! In fact she is only 26 pounds right now...he will be catching up to her by his first birthday!!
I've been blogging so much lately that I don't really have any photos that you haven't seen of the little guy, so I'm putting in some of my recent favorites.
He is rolling over, sitting up, standing (with assistance), inching all over the place (he is never at the spot you lay him down at), eating 1st foods (LOVES peas and real bananas), looks at you when you talk to him and will sometimes "talk" back, rakes his hand across the ground, reaches and grabs toys and food from you, sleeps on his tummy (which makes me crazy), likes to stick his legs out of the crib (sometimes they get stuck because they're so thick), he LOVES, LOVES, LOVES water, and is utterly adorable!!We are going to start using a sippy cup today. Look for a blog on that one tonight. I also need to crawl around on the ground to make sure that everything on the ground is baby safe. Most of the stuff is baby safe from Katelynn still, but she has a lot of small toys that might start getting banned to her room. I REALLY miss having a play room!!
I'm not sure if he's teething right now or not, the pediatrician said it should be soon. Katelynn didn't get hers until she was close to 15 months. Denver is drooling up a storm these days, so, maybe? Good news too is that the little guy is not spitting up nearly as much as he used to. In fact, I no longer need to wash his play blanket twice a day! It's a beautiful thing!!
I'll end with my favorite photo of my water baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment