Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yard update

Okay Chris, this top photo is what YOUR dog did to MY gladiolas! (insert very mad face here).
Your columbines. Not doing so well. There should be 3. I weeded this afternoon, should've taken newer photos for you. The one in the back is really small...not doing so well, but since Vinson likes to run and jump in the corners I didn't pick the best spot to plant them.
Everything is dying. The 100 degree heat did not do them any justice. Your pumpkins aren't looking so good either. Can you see the giant hole that Vinson dug?! I filled it in and set up 5 of those big white blocks. SO instead of digging here he is digging on the other side where the blocks have settled, so I dug them up and fixed the other side too. It won't last long with how spastic over these animals he is.
The small tomato actually has blooms and small tomatoes on it...I just have to keep Katelynn away. The peppers are slowly coming back too. I might get something before it snows.
This tomato is on steroids. Something ate the lower half, but the upper half is starting to look good.
The only thing tolerating this heat is the Geraniums...
and my Snapdragons
These 2 plants aren't doing so bad either.
This poor guy isn't a fan of the heat either, but is starting to bud up again now that it's cooled off.
That's it. We lost a lot when I went to Mom and Dad's for the 4th. I didn't take photos of my Fuschia - they are very brown. I don't think they're coming back. Not looking good this year...maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment