Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Visiting the Grandparents, Part 2

Okay, time for some more photos from our trip to Clarksville! We did lots of fun things while visiting my folks. I'm pretty sure that Pap-pap is missing Katelynn as much as she's missing him. She ran around the house today telling me that Peppy was outside waiting for her. LOL. She was quite the handful today. I'm going to have to get creative with ways to entertain her without all the chickens, farm chores, and rides on Peppy!
We spent a lot of time in the kitchen while visiting my folks. We did lots of baking, canning, and freezing. Katelynn even got to help Nana prepare some pickles.
 
 
 
Denver getting his first taste of carrots.
He loved them!! (Katelynn did too at this age)

 
Aunt Barby why are you taking all these photos??
Chilling with Aunt Barby
Aunt Barby and Uncle Travis brought their wii for us to try out. We loved it! Katelynn even got into it.
By the way Chris - they gave us their wii!!!!! It's all hooked up here at the house and I'm loving it!!! :)

Barb thought the following photo was funny. Silly cat, or should I say smart kitty!!!!
Uncle Travis with Denver (your day isn't complete unless Denver spits up on you...)
 Veggies, veggies, and more veggies...
 
 
These egg plants are now in my freezer! Which, by the way, I do not recommend doing. What a pain they are too peel, and the darn things were brown before I was even done peeling them. I'm going to have to do some research on these things.
I have a freezer full of peppers now too! I wore gloves to work with the Anaheim peppers, but that didn't protect me from the juice that hit my cheek which preceded to burn for the next hour or so - ouch! You better enjoy these when you get home Chris!!!!
Even some cherry tomatoes!!
Denver loves the mirror. It always brought out his biggest smiles.
Bath time for Denver. Mom and Dad only have a shower, so in order to give Denver a bath I put his duck bath on the floor.
I had to cover myself with a towel because he just loves to splash!!! Plus the duck was extra bouncy which meant he had to beat on it repeatedly!
Refusing to let go of the washcloth!!
The pull cow Katelynn always had with her while in the house...it even  moo'd.
Denver getting his daily dose of "boy time." He loved hearing the men talk...guess they sound different then me and Katelynn LOL! Hurry home Chris. :)
Showing off her new pony! We found 3 of them at a thrift store for 50 cents a piece.
Nana feeding Denver carrots.
 
YUM!!
Getting ready to do the daily chores on Peppy - feeding the chickens, picking veggies, feeding the doggies, and then a quick trip around the property. No wonder she was a handful today, poor thing was probably bored out of her mind with her toys. :)
Some more "boy time" for Denver...
 
Someone was getting  a little jealous that her Pap-pap wasn't paying complete and total attention to her.
Move over Denver!!!
Hope you enjoyed all the photos from our trip. Bye-bye all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment