We (Katelynn and I...Denver was napping) got to speak to Chris again today. That makes two days in a row!!!! Well, as we were talking to him the doorbell rang - the FedEX guy was delivering Katelynn's new ride. I really wanted to avoid this scenario but a little too much was going on at one time to prevent her from seeing the new bike. (I mean really it's only the second time I've gotten to talk to Chris in forever - I'll deal with the ensuing meltdown). Of course she had a complete meltdown and had to have the bike "RIGHT NOW." When we got off the phone with Chris, I opened up the package and tried to get it put together, but Denver decided that it was a good time to wake up from his nap (just missing Chris's call).
Katelynn "helping"
Can you see how serious her expression is? She was totally excited about her new bike!
Look closely at the bike, can you see what I did wrong? I don't work well under pressure!
This is where we stopped to go and get Denver. I spent the next 15 minutes trying to calm her down and talk about how Mommy needs time to build it before she can ride it. I suggested riding in her other new toy car, but she wanted nothing to do with it and screamed at me for even suggesting it!To help calm her down we went for a stroller ride, which we haven't done in over a week due to the 100 degree weather streak we had (I got in a day of my Couch 2 5K training while we were at it). For the first time since getting the double jogging stroller Katelynn fell asleep and Denver was awake, so he got to enjoy the swings at the park while she napped. All that fussing and excitement over a new bike really wore her out!
Alright! Kiddos are in bed, time to finish what I started. Hey! something is wrong with this thing. My goodness! I put the center piece on upside down!!! Only me. :)
This would have been the point when I harassed Chris for not reading the directions, but since he's not here, I'll put up the photos so he can nag me. Sad part - I WAS reading the directions - HA!
And how did I realize the bar was on upside down? Not from the obvious way that it looked, but "Hmmm....the seat doesn't seem to fit....OH!"
All better!
Seat attached
Katelynn's new bike! Isn't it pretty and all shiny?! I love this thing. I hope she enjoys riding it tomorrow...who am I kidding, she's going to go nuts.
The only thing I could find wrong were the little black pieces for the tire were missing...aren't those things supposed to be covered?
The cool wooden panel in the back. I see two little children getting in lots of trouble next year on this thing! I'm pretty sure Katelynn will be making Denver pull her around too.
The helmet we bought for her last year when we first considered buying her a bike.
I think it goes pretty well with her new bike!
Look for a blog tomorrow of Katelynn actually on it! It was REALLY hard to not go running up into her room yelling at her to come downstairs and ride it. Wish I could fit in it! LOL.
It sure would be nice if Katelynn had a birthday in Spring/Summer months instead of winter then these could be birthday presents and not just because I love her! I guess she'll be getting a sled for her birthday this year. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment