Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hot, Hot, Hot!!!

Oh my is it hot outside!! It hit 100 every day this weekend, so it put a little wrench into our plans of going to the zoo.
Friday Katelynn immediately got into her "new" car and drove it around the house.
 
As soon as she realized that it had a "trunk" she put all her favorite horses and kitties into the space.
It's even a great place to watch Sesame Street! Doesn't it look like my living room has one too many toys?! How I miss our play room!!!
Friday afternoon I set up the pool and slip and slide to help us cool off. My camera didn't like the heat either!
Can you make out Katelynn sitting on the slip and slide?
How about in the pool?! HA! I have about 10 photos that turned out this way, too funny.
Mommy and Katelynn. No Denver, he was napping (in the nice cool house)
Some more projects to help pass the time indoors. Katelynn's coloring pages - she is getting so much better!!
Denver chilling in the cool house.
Hey! Where did you go?!
I finally got Katelynn a side piece for her crib. She fell out of her bed for the first time in months on Wednesday, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to order one...we can always use it for Denver next year.
She really liked it!
On Saturday morning we met Barb and went to a flea market. It wasn't as nice as the one on base, but I found a few good toys. We weren't there for 10 minutes before we were drenched - so hot outside!
I found this elephant pool toy that plays circus music and makes the blocks pop up for $1. Katelynn really likes it; of course what toy doesn't she like?!
Denver even got a police car...
 
and a bulldozer type thing that makes noises...

Katelynn playing the wii. I need to really look into finding toddler games for it. She loves to do the obstacle course on the wii fit game series.
 
Playing with Uncle Travis and his guitars. It took a little bit of coaxing to get her to touch the guitars, but once she did it was all over! She loved playing with her Uncle Travis.
 
Mommy and Denver listening to the "concert." Ssshhhh...don't tell sis that I'm playing with her teddy!
 
 
Playing together!
Oooohhhh, that one hooks up to an amp!!
Today we went back over to Barb and Travis's place for a few hours. They watched the kiddos while I went and saw the new and final Harry Potter movie. It was a little bittersweet. I'm sad to see the books/movies come to an end, but was fairly happy with the movie. I can't wait to purchase it so I can watch it whenever I want to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment