I was cleaning out the upstairs closet (I've got so much free time these days) and I came across a bag of quilt pieces that my Grandmother had worked on. Then I found a large strip that Chris's Mom had worked on in similar colors. I had a crazy idea that I should take the pieces and put them together somehow and make a quilt for Katelynn from her Great Grandmother and Grandma. It might be a bit big of a project for me, but I figure it's better then sitting inside a closet collecting dust.
The above piece is the only one not finished, so I finished all the yellow centers. Here are the other pieces.
Here is the section Chris's Mom had worked on.
I should be able to get six sections from this along with the other six pieces.
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. I'm really looking forward to the project actually. I think it would be a nice tribute to both women and a wonderful momento for Katelynn. I'll post updates as I work on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment