Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Update on Denver

So I took Denver back to the pediatrician today. He has been spitting up like he's not even on medicine (really what is the point of having him on medicine if it doesn't even help). The ped said she understands my frustration because one of her children had reflux as well. She up'd his dosage and we are supposed to call her back next week with an update.
We got home this evening and I gave him the new dose and he proceeded to spit up on me for the next 30 minutes and then cried and cried. So in a 2 hour span he had almost 14 oz of milk and was finally happy. Poor little guy. I don't like seeing him so upset.
The good news is that he is gaining weight. He is 15lbs, 14 oz (up 14 oz in 2 weeks). The ped said since he is gaining weight and is not having any medical issues that there is no cause for concern, but that she understands why I'm so frustrated with it. She did say that most kids do outgrow it, so I'm hoping he's one that will outgrow it. Please keep our little man in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment