Saturday, June 4, 2011

The "Garden"

This blog is for Chris because I promised to give him regular updates on the "garden." Here are my pepper and tomato plants. Can you tell that something has been eating the far left tomato?? It's lower stems are all chewed up (of course Vinson might have fixed that issue)...
This is the corner I dug up for my Gladiola's! I planted 20 of them. I just counted them the other day and 18 were coming up!!!! I'll take a picture for you once they get bigger.
I planted your columbines in the other corner...although thanks to Vinson and the groundhog they don't look like this anymore. I'll spare you those picks. :(
Here's a shot of the back fence. They are all full of blooms right now; since Katelynn has been sick she hasn't been able to keep up with them so they are actually colorful right now (I'll get picks for the next post)!!
Some of the flowers
Katelynn's "garden"
A few more beheaded flowers...
My lettuce. It still hasn't come up in the yellow bin though? :(
Out front. My fuschia are looking like monsters!!! The neighbor girl's aren't looking too good. =D
Pansies are huge too! Must be all the plant food. Oh, and the bushes in front of the kitchen window opened - they have pink flowers on them. I'll take a picture for the next garden blog (I still think they are ugly so we'll probably pull them out this fall).
 
Check it out! An actual bird in the bird bath. And, yes, not long after this was taken Katelynn ran down there and started splashing in the water and licking it off her hands. I swear they are so GROSS at this age!
Your pumpkins!!
And, here they are after something ate them. I think they will still survive. You should get at least a few pumpkins!! Although I'm thinking that the gap in the fence here is where Vinson is getting out (then he's going through the gap at the neighbors gate...I think) so he might be tramping on them as well.

 

Okay, that's all the photos of the yard that I have for now. I'll give you another update on it later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment