I broke down and ordered a double jogging stroller on Sunday and it came today! Oh how I love Amazon!!!! The box it came in was super heavy and massive. The only room I could get it into was the kitchen.
I took all the pieces out and spread them around the kitchen.My little helper. I'm pretty sure if I would've waited until the kids were in bed I could've had it together in a lot less time and avoided the big meltdown from Katelynn. She was so excited about the new stroller!
She even climbed in it and said "cheese." There was no way I was getting it out of the kitchen without collapsing it which was really hard to figure out while Katelynn was having a meltdown because she wanted to go for a ride - right now. I finally got it collapsed and outside and she climbed right in and said "this is my side, that seat is for baby brother." Okay.
So, I brought out baby brother and put him in. His eyes are closed but he's not sleeping...not yet!
This was my view as we walked. Vinson did really well and stayed right next to the wheel.
And this is the reason I wanted one. He fell asleep within minutes of starting the walk. It was so nice to let him sleep while Katelynn and I played.
After playing some more we headed off for a little more walking. We crossed the road and headed to the jogging trail around the golf course and I jogged for about 3/4 of a mile, then we had to stop for some wildlife.
Katelynn was super excited about seeing the deer! We left the house around 350pm and stopped at the park around 420pm. It was really hot outside today. I'm sure my first run in awhile didn't help...neither did pushing both kids in the jogging stroller. I will probably wait until after dinner for our future walks/jogs so it's a little cooler. I stopped about 3 blocks from the house to let Katelynn go down some slides and she asked for Teddy bear. It was then that we realized that she had dropped it at some point, so we turned around and retraced our steps. The good news - we FOUND teddy! I told her she had to hold him tight and not drop him again, so the whole way home she told me she was holding him tight. LOL. Bad news - we found him all the way back when we had first started jogging. We didn't get home until 545pm. I don't think I'll be able to walk in the morning. Pushing those kids around these hills was quite the workout! I could feel my legs burning.
My next purchase is going to be a plastic dog kennel and muzzle for Vinson. It's our last attempt for finding away to keep him. Keep your fingers crossed for us. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment