Monday, September 5, 2011

Gettysburg

I met up with Barb and Travis at their place yesterday and we all headed up to Gettysburg to meet up with Mom, Dad, Stew, and Michaela. What a great day!!!
We stopped at Bob Evans for breakfast, but Katelynn was too excited to eat much. The weather was good - a bit muggy though. We stopped at the outlets in Gettysburg first. I'm trying to find a winter coat for Katelynn. I think I'll be going to Target next. The outlets had good coats but were still $40 and $50 on sale. I did manage to find Katelynn 2 really cute Halloween shirts for this year!
Then we heard from Stew and the group - they were at Little Round Top so we headed to the battlefield. We met up with them at Devil's Den.
Katelynn was so excited about climbing on the rocks!

With her Uncle Travis
I wanna climb this one!
With Uncle Stew
WOW! Look at all those rocks down there Uncle Stew!!
Katelynn look at the camera! No Uncle Stew, look at all the rocks!!
Barb and Travis
Katelynn and her Nana
Hello everyone!
Katelynn and Aunt Michaela
Wow! More rocks!!
Mom and Dad
My family minus 1. :(
Katelynn and her Pap-pap. This is also the rock that Katelynn decided made an excellent slide. Good thing I put shorts on under her dress!!
Katelynn and Aunt Barby
Sitting on a cannon (with some help from Aunt Michaela)
Dad, Me, and Denver. Crystal got me this snugli and Denver loves it, but boy is it a pain to try and get on. LOL
 Katelynn
Katelynn and Uncle Travis on top the watch tower by Eisenhower farm
Watch tower
OMG! You took my daughter up that high!!! Mom, Dad, and I were at the bottom with Vinson and I suddenly realized that Katelynn just went to the top with the only 4 people who don't have kids. Ummm...LOL. No worries - she loved it! And her Uncle Stew watched her like a hawk.
Sitting on the rocks beneath the tower.
Sisters
Katelynn attempting to climb the tower herself!
He, he...shooting Denver out of the cannon.
Walking around downtown Gettysburg
 
"In honer of the American Gold Star Mothers for their sacrifice, service, and patriotism."
 
Dinner. Hey Pap-pap I'll take the crab sandwich
Hmm...what should we get? Katelynn said, "I WANT MILK."
Stew and Michaela
Vinson. Yep, Stew found a place that allowed us to bring Denver into the outside seating, and he wasn't the only dog there.
Hugs for Aunt Barby
"Walking" with Pap-pap
Heading back to the cars
 
It was someones bedtime!
Katelynn would hold Nana's hand, and then take Pap-pap's hand, but wouldn't hold them both at the same time. LOL
It was a great day. I thought it was funny that 2 of us live in VA and 2 of us live in MD, but we had to meet in PA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment