Okay, so I got a little behind with blogging (you can blame it on Harry Potter), and sadly the only person probably really upset by it is the one who matters most (floating all alone out there in the ocean without any new photos of the kiddos).
The kids are doing fine. Katelynn tried to take out the coffee table with her forehead earlier in the week. Ended up giving herself a nasty bruise.
I also started potty training her on Monday, so needless to say Monday and Tuesday were not a lot of fun. A lot of chasing her around and cleaning up pee spots. Wednesday was a little better - she decided that she "don't like potty" and she would rather hold it in all day. Today we actually had success!!! She only peed 3 times on the "floor" (twice it was in the bathroom almost at the potty) and the rest of the day was in the potty!!!! I have no idea how we are going to night potty train her...hmmm...that one is going to be tricky. She still wakes up with sopping wet diapers, so I think that one will take a little time and effort, but I don't think she's ready for it yet...although I truly have no idea. No worries - no potty training photos! LOL
Denver went to have his ears checked today (it was a six month follow-up from the one they did in the NICU). He didn't pass. He has a little bit of congestion right now and she said that's possibly why so they want to see him again in another couple weeks when it clears up.
He is now sitting up on his own!
Starts on his tummy, scrunches up like he is in a crawl position, and then up he goes. He's a pro at it now!
He has managed to pull himself up a few times...although this usually startles him and he falls over. I have a photo on my camera, but I updated my Yahoo mail and now I can't download my photos. I'll have to work on that one. I'll try and get him on the regular camera so you can see him standing!
If you would like to see him doing it here is a link to our youtube page:
http://www.youtube.com/user/candagillen?feature=mhee
This was the first time he did it in his crib, so it takes him awhile...he is much faster at it now!
Let's see, what else happened this week - oh yea, the dumb dog ran away not once, not twice, but THREE times. And he keeps coming back too. I have no idea how he made his most recent escape. In fact, I don't even know how he got out of the house. I've been watching him like a hawk while he's outside so he doesn't run off again, and I didn't let him out, so I'm guessing that Katelynn did (should've never taught her to do that, but that's neither here nor there). I can find no visable place that he got out of the yard either. All his normal places are filled with dirt and stones due to earlier breakouts this week. I'm guessing that he finally jumped the fence. He is a groundhog chasing fool...to put it nicely. I'm pretty sure I have a few extra gray hairs thanks to him this week.
I think my sister knew I needed a little pick me up...she brought me these on Sunday!
Aren't they beautiful!!! Okay, so no big plans for the weekend. I'll try and get out somewhere so that I have something to blog about. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment