Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Interesting Day

So it was a very interesting day today. We had an earthquake!!! My goodness. I was sitting at the computer while Katelynn and Denver were playing with toys when everything started shaking. It kind of felt like someone was jumping on top of the house. I yelled, "Katelynn Denver come here (as if Denver could)" I grabbed them and made a dash up the stairs for the tub, then ran back down the stairs mumbling that tubs were for tornados, and we huddled on the floor in an archway and Vinson came running in with his tail between his leg and sat with us. Then it was over. Poor Katelynn was so upset. She was shaking and crying and wanting the house to stop shaking. I ran over to our new neighbors to make sure they were okay, but they weren't home, so I came back inside and walked around the inside our house to make sure everything was okay. I had some photos knocked off the wall, some things fell off of the dressers and cabinets. A few things broke (like a porcelain doll I've had since I was a kid...Mom - it was the one in the pink pj's holding a brown bear). It took me awhile to get Katelynn to calm down. She spent the rest of the day glued to my side and saying the house was shaking and Mommy run upstairs. LOL. I guess we can see how I act in a crisis. :)Another thing that happened today that was cute - Denver crawled! I think he surprised himself because he only did it one time. Crawled up to the desk, pulled out Katelynn's giant coloring pages and started playing with them! I'm telling you he is going to be a trouble maker. I don't have any photos but this afternoon I had him standing at his one toy and he started surfing from toy to toy. This is going way to fast! Katelynn didn't even crawl until her first birthday and at this rate Denver will be walking...heck, he might even be running after Katelynn!
 
 
 
We went to the dog park this evening for a husky dog playgroup. It was a lot of fun. Of course Vinson found the giant mud puddle and laid in it - UCK! Katelynn had a blast chasing the dogs.
Hope everyone had a good day and didn't have too much damage from the quake.
Oh, and here are a few photos for you Chris...your Columbine is blooming again. Can you see the yellow flower? I figured I better take a photo before Katelynn pulls it off. :)
And you have one pumpkin plant left!

No comments:

Post a Comment