We had a really good weekend. Saturday was my brother's housewarming party. His new home is just beautiful! Katelynn entertained us all with her music skills.
The Aunt's even braved the weather and made it down for the celebration. Us with Aunt Mari...
Denver is the only one looking...
Us with Aunt Jo and Aunt Susie...
Stew and Michaela
Saturday was also the day of the hurricane. I didn't want to stay on base alone so I snagged a room at their place and stayed the night. They got some rain and lots of wind, but nothing too crazy. We hung out Sunday morning - Stew made his famous omletes and I enjoyed a cup of coffee from his Keurig - YUM! Sunday was a day of relaxing. Denver and his Aunt Michaela snoozing on the couch.
We took a nice walk around their property and lake, then we headed home. I got home around 645...just enough time to get the kids dinner, baths, and bed. It was daylight enough that I could see what the storm did around us.
Our neighbors - the unit is empty thank goodness!
Our backyard area...lots of branches and leaves laying around.
The wooded path is blocked and covered in tree branches and downed trees
A large branch fell off the tree behind our fence. Looks like someone propped it up by the tree so I'm not sure where it actually fell.
You can kind of see where it snapped off at.
There was no damage to the house so that's good. The trees behind the house look scary. There are a lot of them leaning on each other and broken branches just hanging on. One good windy day is going to knock them all down. Overall we came through the hurricane really well.




No comments:
Post a Comment