Hurricane Sandy came through our area over Halloween. I spent the day before it was supposed to hit taking down all of our outside Halloween decorations.
Before:
After:
It was so sad to have to take them down, but since we didn't know how bad the storm was going to be I didn't want to risk any of them blowing away.
We actually faired pretty well during the storm. Our little creek behind the house was running really high from all the rain.
We lose power all the time on post (in fact it keeps going out this morning which is making getting caught up on my blogs harder then it should be). I was pretty worried we'd lose power for a few days, so I hung all kinds of blankets over our windows to keep the heat inside the house.
The kids and I made a huge pile of blankets on the floor and slept down there the night the storm rolled through.
They thought it was a big old party and I had the worst time getting them to sleep and then staying asleep. I personally didn't sleep a wink. I kept hearing trees fall and the wind roaring all night long...it just made me a nervous wreck.
We survived without any damage and no power outages! We were so very fortunate!! A tree feel at our neighbors house, but thankfully didn't hit their home.
Some big tree branches were down around the house, but none on the cars or anything. So very grateful that the storm wasn't any more damaging in these parts.
The storm seemed very scary as it was approaching, and could have been a whole lot worse to our area then it was. I personally, can't believe that they were even considering doing a
marathon in NY after the damage the storm did to their city. It's been a
few weeks and I read a news post the other day that some places are
still without power. So tragic what happened to NJ/NY coast line.
No comments:
Post a Comment