Saturday, October 22, 2011

Maryland Renaissance Festival

The kiddos and I met Crystal and Makayla at the Maryland Renaissance Festival today. It was a beautiful day weather wise too. We had a really nice time until about 1pm when it started getting too crowded - made it hard to maneuver the strollers. It was a great day for catching up with an old friend while enjoying a very interesting group of people.
 
They had free pony rides, so I asked Katelynn if she wanted to ride one...she loved it!
 Can you see her clinging to my finger for dear life?!

She got to pet the pony afterwards
 Watching the ponies while we fed the babies
 she REALLY liked the white one
After the babies were fed Crystal and I "hunted" for something to eat. Everything was on a stick - chicken, steak, turkey...okay so the turkey was an actual turkey leg...or at least they said it was...
What do you think little man?!?
 
 
And what about you little lady?!?
 
It was good. Had to bring most of it home for the dog...he REALLY liked it! LOL
This is where the kiddos spent most of their day...
 
 
We went over to the joust area around 1 so we could watch the joust at 130. There was hardly anyone over there so we just chilled in the back and let the kiddos play.
 
Denver, "Why are you always laughing?!"
 
 
 
Makayla - still putting Denver in his place. :)
I love his smiles!
We watched some of the joust then had to go. Denver was not having it. He did not like the noise or the crazy crowd. I think it was a bit overwhelming for him.
We headed back to the house and let the kiddos hang out and play for awhile. I think they liked being out of their strollers, but were oh so tired.
 
 
And some snuggle shots from the Festival. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment