Monday, January 30, 2012

Denver Turns the BIG ONE


Denver turned the big "1" on the 26th. It's hard to believe that this was us only a short year ago...
I'm pretty sure those were the longest 10 days of my life. He has grown so much since his days as the "big boy" in the NICU. I'm very thankful that he has had a healthy year. He no longer spits up after eating. He's drinking whole milk. He's turned around in his car seat. He's WALKING! At last check he weighs in at a hefty 23 lbs!
I made him waffles and put him in his "Fun to be 1" hat on his birthday morning, but other then that we didn't celebrate until Saturday. It was just a small party with Aunt Barby, Uncle Stew, and Aunt Michaela.
The kiddos playing Saturday morning...
 Looking like such a big boy.
I made cupcakes for the special occasion - chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing.The cupcakes...
and with icing...
I made lasagna for the meal and Denver cleaned his plate. It was one big messy, fun party!
 
 
We got Denver 4 balloons (which were later used for an awesome balloon battle) and of course the giant Happy Birthday sign went up.
Cupcake Time!!
Hmmm...what is that? Katelynn helped him blow it out...
I don't know about this thing...it feels funny
Here, taste it!
Yum! I think I'll have to put my whole face in it...
 
 
Washing it down with a little milk...
back for more...
 power nap...
...one more taste...
Katelynn liked it too!
Then it was present time! Denver wanted nothing to do with the unwrapping process...
What are you doing that for?!
Aunt Barby I don't want to do that, I want to jump on your lap...
It's okay Denver, I'll open them for you...
Aunt Barby's gift. It wasn't wrapped and he still wasn't interested...
Until we showed him it lights up...
Which then got Katelynn's attention...
Here Denver, you can sit on it too!
Katelynn very interested in Denver's new toys...
Here Denver, this is how you do it...
The balloon battle...
 
 
Sneak attack...
Walking...
Uncle Stew!!
Um, Aunt Michaela, I don't want to unwrap it.
Here, Mommy will do that...
Uncle Stew - balloon fight!!!
Cuddles.
Okay, I'm ready to climb the stairs and go to bed now...
Happy Birthday Little Man!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment