Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was a blast in my little house with my little family! Uncle Travis and Aunt Barby came over - we built gingerbread houses, made cookies for Santa, watched football, saw Santa being escorted by firetrucks, and so much more!
Denver eating some Raviolis and tangerines. I think someone else likes his Raviolis!





Katelynn getting ready to do her gingerbread house...
 
She was super excited and it was a lot of fun - big, messy fun!
Making the trees...
 
 
 
 
Aunt Barby helping...
Ummm...Katelynn those are for the trees!
 
The finished house...one of these years we'll figure out a good way to do the roof. Chris actually figured it out this year...

Katelynn modeling with her gingerbread house!
Chris made pulled pork and it was DELICIOUS! We've never made it before, but thought it would be fun. I found a recipe in my Cooks magazine and he did awesome with it! We will definitely be making this again.
We made the coleslaw (okay, we bought a bag of shredded cabbage and mixed it with greek yogurt and some seasoning...still counts right?!). Barb brought over sweet potato fries. YUM!
After dinner and some football it was time to bake the cookies for Santa! Aunt Barby helped Katelynn decorate while I cut the shapes and baked them. I couldn't keep up with the demand! LOL
She had a blast decorating them.
and got a little too excited about the sprinkles, but hey it's only once a year that she gets to play with and eat this type of stuff.
 
 
Hmmmm...I think I like them better all mixed together Mommy

Denver liked the gingerbread men that we bought for the gingerbread house.
After cookie baking it was time to wait for Santa to come through the neighborhood. Apparently every year on Christmas Eve Santa is escorted (starting at sunset) through the neighborhoods of Ft Meade. What an awesome tradition!!! We were overly excited and ran outside a few times before he actually arrived. This is what we did to kill time waiting for Santa...
 
Katelynn's idea of chase is to have someone hold her while someone else chases them...
Smile!
I popped a bag of popcorn, sat down, and then we heard the sirens!
Oh, and this is our house all decorated for Christmas...
Santa's coming!!!!
Waiting...
 we heard the sirens long before he made it to our neighborhood
 
 Sisters!
 
There he is!!!!!!
Super excited!
None of my shots of Santa turned out - too many flashing lights in the dark...
There were probably 4 or 5 vehicles plus Santa. They were blarring the sirens and everything. I had one very excited 3 year old on my hands!
On the way back to the house we put carrots in the yard for Santa's reindeer.
 
Christmas Eve was so much fun. I hope to keep the tradition up for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment