Monday, January 23, 2012

Saturday

Saturday was an awesome day for my little family! We got the second snow fall of the year (neither of which have accumulated to much at all). It was about an inch of snow covered in ice. It was perfect sledding conditions! Katelynn was so excited when she saw the snow. We bundled the kiddos up and spent the next 2 hours outside walking and sledding and just having fun as a family.
 
Um, the weight capacity for her sled is 150 lbs...but she really wanted Mommy to go with her. Thankfully it held up!
Who do you think was having more fun?!
 I attached a bungee cord to her sled and we pulled her around the trails on base. When I got to a clearing I'd swing my arm in an arch and she would swing out in a big circle. Katelynn loved it! She would laugh and scream for more at the same time.
 
 
 
Chris wanted to try hooking her up to Vinson. You should've seen Vinson when he first tried pulling her - it was so funny, but then he got the hang of it.
 
Some more sledding beside the house...
Again Mommy!
Hey! What age is it they start carrying the sled themselves again??
 
It was cute watching her. She looked like the kid from A Christmas Story, "I can't put my arms down." It was so funny watching her try and get up off the snow.
 
Chris wearing Katelynn's hat. It kept popping off her head...I guess it wasn't the best sledding hat, but it's her favorite one. Denver was having fun too! He was laughing in the carrier - I'm so glad Chris's Dad bought this for us back when Katelynn was a baby. We've gotten so much use out of it, and both kiddos have enjoyed being carried in it.
Back inside the house Chris made hot chocolate from scratch - covered in marshmallows. Katelynn didn't like it because it was hot. Of course she had no problems eating the marshmallows!!!
Denver had recently figured out how to climb, and he is climbing on everything - the couch, his train table, Chris's Bronco chairs...
He loves the Bronco chairs. He will climb up and down on them all day just laughing and being silly. When I broke out the camera I only got two or three shots before Katelynn came running over and said, "take my picture too Mommy." Notice Denver's foot kicking at her?!? He's learned quickly; ah brother and sister love.
 
On Sunday Denver woke up from his nap, and I just couldn't stop laughing. How cute is he?!
No matter what I did it, that curl just kept popping right back up. He thought my laughing was funny. And here comes Katelynn...take my picture too Mommy!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment