Monday, September 27, 2010
Worlds LARGEST Corn Maze!
We went to the World's LARGEST corn maze on Saturday. They were calling for a sunny day in the 70's, so I packed some jackets and we all wore jeans. Turns out it was more like 90! We roasted going through the corn maze and picking out a pumpkin - not quite the "fun" fall day I had in mind. It was still an amazing day with lots of fun activities. If we had the time we would gladly go back (it was just a short 35 minute drive from the house).
It was $12 to get in but if you brought 2 canned foods or a winter jacket to donate they would take $2 off. So we got in for $10 (Katelynn was free - I think I'll miss those prices as she gets older!). The first thing to do when you enter is a child's hay maze. The Lady joked with Chris and told him he was a bit big for the maze!
After the kid's hay maze (which by the way had Chris sneezing all afternoon and night - things we do for our kids!) we went over to their "petting" zoo. I'm not quite sure I'd call it a petting zoo though. All the animals were in cages and wouldn't come near the fence. The ones I've been to in the past you go into a fenced area with lose animals. The only one that would allow her to touch it was the "miniture" donkey. The cow and calf they had stomped her foot and charged the gate when we approached it. We didn't hang out in the petting zoo for long. I think we'll have to make a trip to Joyce and Leroy's farm when we get back to MD!
They had this fun little "train" running everywhere too that Katelynn clapped for, but hid between my legs whenever it came by. Maybe next year she'll be big enough to try one of these things?!
Then it was off to the corn maze! Of course we had to walk past the wonderful looking pumpkin patch first! Couldn't wait to get out of the maze and pick our pumpkin!!
Into the maze we go!
Once inside the maze there were 7 individual mazes you could go through. There was a Wild West theme. We went into the first one that was a horse/revolver that had the 1st 6 whole punches for our card. It was so much fun! Thank goodness Chris was an excellent corn maze map reader! I would've gotten us lost after the first few turns. He managed to find all 6 hole punches!
Punch 1
Punch 2
Punch 3
Punch 4
Punch 5
And finally punch 6 (each punch had a different shape).
Posing in the corn maze
and outside of the corn maze
Then it was off to find Katelynn a pumpkin! I can't wait to put her in the bathtub with her paints and let her have at it!
Proof that it's the World's LARGEST corn maze - LOL!
We were literally parched (and a bit sunburned) after the maze. It was so much hotter then expected. We stopped and got what I thought was the World's largest slushie! This is the small size! They allow you to put the flavoring on yourself. Katelynn had a blast with it!
She was all smiles on the car ride home!
It was an awesome day with lots of adventure. We were going to head up into the mountains to see the Aspen's changing colors on Sunday morning but Katelynn slept until 10am! So we hung out at the house and hung Halloween decorations all day. It was a great weekend.
Blogs to follow: Katelynn's pumpkin painting, Todd update, 20 week ultra sound - is it a boy or girl?! Have a great week everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment