Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's a BOY!

It's a BOY!!! We are super excited. We are trying to figure out a name right now. We really like Denver Kenneth James Gillen (Chris has 2 middle names), but we haven't fully decided yet. So many to choose from and we thought for sure it was a girl so we haven't even been thinking of boys names. Plenty of time to decide.
The baby had a strong heartbeat at 136 and weighed 12 ounces. We saw both arms/hands and legs/feet.  Heart looked great too. :)
An update on my pregnancy. I am 20 weeks (21 on Friday). Good news is that after 8 weeks I have finally stopped spotting. They were concerned that the baby had Spina bifida based on the percentages from my blood work (I didn't tell anyone this because I preferred to wait and not make anyone worried - I can do enough of that myself), so they checked the brain and spinal cord today and all looked well. The Doctor today said that my spotting could be the reason for the percentage that came up. Also because of all the problems and spotting I've been having we have to go back in at 26 weeks (it was supposed to be 28 but that is right when we'll be moving) to check the weight of the baby - they said that the blood loss could result in low weight for the baby - add that to the fact that Katelynn came 4 weeks early and I am now considered high risk. The last trimester should prove to be very interesting. We are hoping to be settled in so that will be one less stress at that point.             

No comments:

Post a Comment