Chris and I took the kids to the MD Garden Show a few weeks back. I believe the theme was supposed to be about books, I don't remember anymore. Anyway, our favorite garden display was the one we called Candyland (I believe it was based off of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...is that a book or just movie?). It was awesome - they colored their water display so it looked like chocolate, they had candy in the trees, and they wrapped the rocks in foil to look like covered chocolate...the best part - they used chocolate bark so it smelled AMAZING! We heard of chocolate bark when we were in CO but if you have dogs it's dangerous because they'll eat it, so we never looked into it.
This is what we did to our yard today...
We found some rocks in the woods and covered them with foil that I found at the Dollar Store - I bought 5 rolls. We kept the core of the rolls and used those as the bottom of our lollipops.
I think it turned out really well. I bought everything at the Dollar Store. 1 bag of balloons, clear plastic wrap, and eggs for the trees (I bought a pack of 3 chick shaped eggs and 2 packs of carrot shaped eggs too).
The eggs are iridescent (that's a fancy word for shiny).
It was getting dark out, but the big yellow bush (can't remember what it's called) looks really nice too.
Do you see my little chick egg? It's next to the blue pot with miniature Daffodils.
I love it! We are so creative!!
Chris hung the carrots up in pairs.
Now to find a few more finishing touches and we'll be done. It was so much fun to do this. Cost us under $10 and Katelynn loved it.
No comments:
Post a Comment