Monday, February 22, 2010

The Royal Gorge

 
On Sunday, January 17th we took Katelynn, Kate, and Lyric to the Royal Gorge. It was a lot of fun! The pictures make it look like it was cold out, but it was a perfect day. Katelynn is smiling in a lot of photos, but I don't think it's from the actual gorge - she just loves being in the hiking backpack!
At the entrance to the "park."

 
Every time I look at this photo I can't help but think that Chris looks like Randy Quaid in the movie Christmas Vacation - it must have something to do with the way he's standing - LOL!

 
The first thing we did was ride the sky tram across the gorge. Here is Chris and Katelynn getting on board...

 
Some shots from the ride.
 

 
  
A photo from when we got off of it. She's all smiles!
The sky tram from the bridge.
 
  
Good thing we got on it first, I'm not sure I would've done it after these shots!!
After the sky tram we went to an observation deck, and took some more photos!

 
  
  
  
From here Chris saw the infamous Skycoaster - his entire motivation for wanting to go to the Royal Gorge!

 
Skycoaster = a large swing that launches you out over the gorge.
Chris and Kate patiently waiting to ride the Skycoaster (yes, I thought they were nuts, and my two little feet kept themselves planted firmly on the ground!).

 
 
Chris getting ready to ride.
 
  
Getting all strapped in...I also videotaped this experience for him, but I have not figured out how to get my video format to work yet.

 
Katelynn - is Daddy going to ride that??

 
She was very nervous for him...as was Mommy...

After the ride...
 
  
  
Chris and Kate all smiles after their "experience."

 
Next we strolled through the "wildlife park." They had a unique white buffalo.

 
  
  
And some bighorn sheep.

 
The "wildlife park" lead us to the "wildwest" area.

 
Katelynn and Lyric were misbehavin' so her and Lyric got put in Jail!

 
  
Which she managed to escape from only to put her life in danger...

 
But never fear, her Da-da saved her...

 
  
  
Upon exiting the "wildwest" we came upon the actual bridge that goes over the gorge.

 
  
  
  
  
  
  
It was a long way down...

 
  
We got some great shots!

 
  
  
  
  
  
Than a vehicle decided to cross the bride! Holy cow!! The boards bounced you all over the place - hope no ones afraid of heights!

 
  
Our next stop was the tram that went down into the gorge...

 
It looked like a bunch of telephone booths!

 
The view down.

 
  
At the bottom...

 
  
  
  
  
Heading back up.

 
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment