I had absolutely nothing special planned for this weekend and yet it turned out to be one of the best I've had since Chris has gone. Barb came over on Friday and took me shopping - she got me 2 pair of jeans in a size 10! Yes, I just like saying the size!!! Especially since I haven't worn that size - EVER! Friday night my friend Tabitha watched the kids so I could go to a "Girly Swap" where everyone brought 5 girly items and then you took a number and got to have your choice of what you wanted (she saw it on Oprah and it was a ton of fun!!). I got some Medium tops and a Vera Bradley purse.
Saturday morning Crystal text me to ask if I wanted to do dinner "YEAH!!!" Denver went to his first birthday party at 2pm (Tabitha's little boy turned 2 and Denver and Evan are best buds). It was a lot of fun. Afterwards I met up with 2 girls for a run - they tried to kill me! Ha, ha. Seriously though we ran almost 5 miles with the double jogger without stopping. It was a great run! When I got in the car I had a text from Barb asking what I was doing. One thing lead to another and BOTH Barb and Crystal came over and we all went out to Red Robin. The kids had a good time and I was in HEAVEN!!!! It was so WONDERFUL to spend the evening catching up with my two favorite women. What an awesome birthday surprise. Sunday I hung out with Barb and watched some football. Then on my actual birthday the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore was having a free day so I met my friend Patti and we spent the day at the zoo with the kids. Patti and Crystal both got me gift cards to Starbuck's (do they know me or what?!).
So, I treated myself to a small Pumpkin Spice Latte for my birthday. When I pulled up to the house this is what I saw...
I have the GREATEST husband EVER!!!!
I was pretty excited, but I'm pretty sure it didn't come close to the excitement of Katelynn when she saw all those flowers and balloon. Ha, ha, ha. It was an AWESOME birthday! The only thing that would've made it better would've been for Chris to be home to hand me the flowers.
No comments:
Post a Comment