Monday, May 7, 2012

Denver, 15 months

Denver had his 15 month check-up last week. He now weighs 22lbs, 14oz and is 33" tall. They would like us to come back in 6 weeks to have his weight re-checked. At his 12 month check-up he was 22lbs, 2oz and 30" tall. They were concerned at his 12 month check-up because he'd slowed down on the weight gain, and now he's gone down on the curve. Personally, he still looks super chunky, he eats, he sleeps well, and he is beyond active...
I'm not going to climb the chair, honest Mom...
 No, I won't get on the table...




He runs up and down hills...
he runs through the woods...
I can't keep him off of stuff! He climbs on everything...I'm surprised he hasn't figured out how to get out of his crib yet (knock on wood). Katelynn was mastering crawling and holding your hand to walk at this point (she didn't walk on her own until 18 months).
They were also concerned because he doesn't talk a lot. They asked if he knew 3-5 words...took us a bit to come up with some. Mama, Dada, uh-oh, ball...that's it. The nurse asked if we said head, would he point to head; same with nose, hands, feet. Um, no...is he supposed to be able to do that already?? Geesh. So I stood in front of the mirror and pointed to head, eyes, nose, mouth with him that evening, and Chris came in and said, "your not a bad Mom." I can't even remember if Katelynn could do that stuff yet.
I asked the Pediatrician about Denver's walking - I was concerned because he always seems to run into stuff or fall over. She had him walk up and down the hallways a few times, and you know what, he walked just fine for her. Grrrr. We got him home, put him down, and he took off at a run and then veered right into the closet. Darn it! She told us he probably just gets distracted easily. If he had a problem we would see it other ways - like he wouldn't be able to climb the stairs and such (which he does with no problems).
He took his shots like a champ - not one tear, just a ticked off expression. LOL So, I guess we will see where he is in a few more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment