Monday, August 9, 2010

Pregnancy Update - 13 Weeks

I had my 2nd OB appointment today. I am at 13 weeks. Things are progressing well. Sorry that the above image is so fuzzy...I'm having problems with my camera.
Good news - Dr. Gerow said the baby is "growing like a weed," and it has a very strong heartbeat. She is unsure as to why I'm still bleeding. It's been off and on for almost 2 weeks now, and I was back on "bed rest" for the last 10 days. She believes that it has something to do with the whole twin situation. She is not concerned since there is no pain, all my blood work is normal, all vital signs are good, and the baby is doing great. I guess this is just how this pregnancy will go. Nothing like the carefree, "easy" pregnancy Katelynn was, but that's okay. The ultimate goal is to have a healthy pregnancy resulting in a healthy baby. So far so good!
All the stress and lack of exercise with this pregnancy has caused a 4lb weight gain in the past month. Good news is she gave me the green light to start doing light activity, i.e. walking.
So, here is to hoping that the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly and my body starts to work through whatever it's doing, so the stress factor cuts back.
No belly photos yet, although I will probably start taking them sooner this time since I feel like I've already "popped." So, here's a photo of me and Katelynn that I took yesterday when we were playing around.
And one of her looking at the camera...
Update Blog on Katelynn coming soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment