Monday, August 23, 2010

Lafayette Peach Festival

This weekend we ventured up to Lafayette, CO for their annual Peach Festival. I didn't get too many photos though - it was super crowded. It started at 9am and we were parking at 9am. We kept passing people carrying boxes of peach pies that we read online ran out really quick.
We found the tent that was selling them, and Chris got inline for one. $17 later - my goodness! I can't remember ever paying that much money for one pie. We saw people leaving with 2 and 3 pies, so we figured it would be worth it. I have to tell you though, it didn't taste like anything extra special. It was yummy, but I don't think $17 yummy! LOL.
We stopped by the Police tent and Katelynn got a red balloon, some coloring books, and an police badge sticker.
Then we bought some peaches that Katelynn had to inspect for us...
Then as Chris handed me the bag, something happened and the entire bag hit the ground and peaches rolled everywhere. I just don't think it was our day!
Here is what the festival looked like...
On our way out we spotted a "Flea Market" building so we ventured it. We both agreed that it was the best find of the day! $20 dollars later we left with big smiles on our faces. Chris found a Bronco blanket, I found 2 paintings of Sailors for the babies room, and we found a super cute Peanuts Bronco sweatsuit for the next baby. :)
Since we were in the area we headed to Boulder and had lunch at the Dushanbe Tea House again. We just love that place! It is so unique, and they have the best selection of tea.
I've started pulling Katelynn's hair back with a hairband. Most days she'll keep it in, but I usually have to redo it...once she figures out I put it up she goes nuts and rips it out.
Do you notice a tinge of green in her hair? I could just "kill" my husband. I had a very relaxing girls night out at the movies (went and saw Salt), got home and Katelynn was still up (her bedtime is 9pm and it was 920), and her Daddy had decided that he wanted to color her hair green - YES GREEN! He put a packet of green kool-aid in her hair. It still has a green tint and that was a week and half ago. MEN!
We have a playdate later this week and we're headed to a hot air balloon launch and corn fest this weeekend - blogs coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment