Well it has been forever since I've taken time to write about Katelynn. She is doing very well. We had her appointment with the Early Intervention Services on July 20th. It was a great relief to hear that she is developing fine, or at least on a path that doesn't require their services. Most of her motor skills are on track, but more at a 15 month level. She is pretty far behind on her speech skills however. They are going to contact me in October to determine if she is still progressing speech wise or if we need to bring her back in for another reevaluation. She is supposed to be between 12-15 words right now and she's barely at 12. By her 2nd birthday they said she should be around 50 words. She isn't saying phrases and rarely says Mommy. They gave me a bunch of handouts and some ideas on how to encourage her to speak more. Other then that she is doing great!
At our last doctors appointment she was a little over 20lbs, she stood on my bathroom scale the other day and it said 22lbs. :)
I'm still having problems with keeping her little hands out of water! She loves the dog water dish and any glass that is sitting around...
She loves being indoors. One of her new words is "outside." She likes to move all the frogs around on the porch.


She loves Vinson! She calls him "son." I don't think she can get the "v" out yet. She will back up to him and sit down on top of him, and she has even taken to dressing him up. As you can tell he looks thrilled.
I was on bed rest for 10 days last month due to some complications with this pregnancy (still hasn't gotten any better, but I'm at least off bed rest now). Katelynn was not too happy about it either! She's perfecting her pout right now...

This is her I'm about to cry look...
And if you were wondering which one of us she looks like...
And her is a shot of me on my 2nd birthday...
Too funny! More to come soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment