Sunday, February 26, 2012

Playdoh fun!

I was working out with my friend Steph on Friday night and we got onto the topic of kids and fun activities. I'm not sure how but we ended up talking about playdoh and making your own. It was super windy on Saturday so our plans to feed the ducks at the park weren't going to work, so instead I went online and did a Google search for making Playdoh. Who knew there would be a million different sites and ways. I found one that was very simple...simple enough that Katelynn could help me, but the reviews weren't very good for it. It seemed that the "best" way to make it was on the stovetop. I put 2 cups flour, 2 cups water, 1 cup of salt, 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, and 1 Tbsp of cream of tartar into a pot over low heat and just stirred, stirred, stirred. It took probably 10 minutes max. Then I put it on parchment paper and formed 8 different balls. Dumped a bunch of food coloring into them, mixed them all up, and VOILA!
 
Not really sure which one of them had more fun...
 
 
 
 

And, yes, Denver played too. And, yes, he tried to eat it. Didn't work out so well, he ended up spitting it back up. ICK! I'm sure it tasted like a salt-lick. LOL
 
 
 
 
 
He didn't last as long though. After he realized all he was able to do was "play" with it he didn't want up there anymore.
When I was a kid I remember seeing all these cool commercials for playdoh and they had this cool machine that turned it into spaghetti looking stuff. Well, we don't have anything that cool, but we do have a garlic press that we NEVER use, and guess what it does! It turns playdoh into spaghetti looking stuff!!!! Bonus points for Mommy!!!
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Their sea monsters...or something like that...
 
Very proud of himself! I'm pretty sure we spent a good 3 hours playing with the doh.
Showing off her "tower" (lots of playdoh, cookie cutters, rollers, and anything else that was on the table)
Sea monster morphed into...dinosaur?
...and then a caterpillar...
All smiles after her afternoon of playdoh fun!
Hope everyone else had an enjoyable weekend. We are hoping the week goes fast. Chris left this morning. It'll be a short trip this time - should be home late (midnight-ish) Thursday night. It's the start of many trips before the big one. :(

1 comment: