Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Denver's One Year Check-up

I took Denver to his one year check-up yesterday - it took us 2 hours!! They were running behind so we got in late, then he had to have blood work done, and he needed a prescription too. UGH!
He is doing really well. She was a little concerned with his weight because he actually dropped on the curve (he was steadily climbing and this time it went down). I personally think it's because he's no longer on the formula. He eats anything you put in front of him, and if you're eating he wants some of that too. He weighed in at 22 lbs, 2 oz. He was 30" long and his head was 47.5". He's doing great!
We were playing around on Saturday and I saw this really ugly spot on the back of his ear. It looked like a burn, but I couldn't figure out how he got a burn on the back of his ear. The doctor said it looked like a rug burn, and she prescribed an anti-biotic. It looks so much better already.
I'm not sure why they did the blood work. They never did it with Katelynn, but we're in a different state now. He was not a happy camper about it especially since they gave him 3 shots before that. I think I was a bit more of a mess then he was though - I hate needles, and I had to hold his arm down while they drew the blood. He cried at first then he just stared at it. Maybe he remembered all those needles they had in him while he was in the NICU?! Poor little guy.
I don't remember if I've said it before but he's walking! Heck he's practically running. He loves it when Katelynn chases him. He keeps me on my toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment