We did the Easter Egg "hunt" on base on April 16th and you couldn't have asked for worse weather. It rained and rained and rained. I gave Katelynn three choices for dresses and she chose one with ice cream cones on (it was her cousin Sarah's 3rd birthday dress, and it was super cute). She actually kept her headband on for about an hour too, but it was long gone by the time we headed to the egg hunt.
I didn't get any pictures of Denver and didn't realize that until I was putting this blog together. He stayed in the carrier the entire time because we got into line, did the egg hunt, and left. We didn't even bother trying to get in line for the bunny. Although Crystal and Donnie did - don't they look thrilled?!
They moved the egg hunt indoors and all these people were crammed into the hallways and it was hot and humid and wet - UGH!
Katelynn did better once I got her raincoat off of her...
but she was so tired of "standing" in line...
Regardless of the weather Katelynn had a great time at the actual egg hunt. Chris said when they were pouring the eggs out that Katelynn was shaking in excitement...
Towards the end she was even "fighting" for her eggs (or she was at least protecting the ones she wanted so the other kids couldn't snatch them out of her hands anymore).
Hope you enjoyed the pictures. I will blog about Easter weekend next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment