Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Update on Denver, Part 1

Time is just flying right on by in the Gillen household. My sister asked for updated pics of Denver this morning and I realized it's been awhile since I've done a blog update. I was waiting for Denver's checkup last week, and then with Chris being gone there just wasn't any time.Denver is doing well. At his checkup he was 7lbs, 14 oz (up 10 ounces in 2 weeks), and he is in the 25th percentile for his weight.
He is doing well on his switch to formula - spits up A LOT, but since he's still gaining weight it's not a concern. We're trying some things to help - smaller feedings more frequently, holding him upright for at least 20 minutes after eating, burping more often, even trying Enfamil AR formula. We go back on the 31st of March for another checkup (and some shots), so hopefully little man will still be going in a positive direction.
He is out of all his NB clothes, and he's working his way out of the 0-3. This is so different from Katelynn! I swear she was in NB for a good 3 months. We were lucky if she was up half an ounce at her appointments, but not Denver - he likes food! LOL.
Here is Denver at 3 weeks...
Bath time! It works really well if I can bath Denver while Chris helps give Katelynn her bath. While Chris was gone I was quite proud of myself for doing both in one night!
Working-out in our family is a "family affair!" With many deployments coming up over the next 3 years we've started improving our fitness "equipment" at the house. Chris was giving the bands a try and Katelynn wanted to "play" too!
 
Denver has been getting lots of tummy time. Katelynn at this age screamed when we put her on her tummy, but Denver seems to really like it. Here he is at 2 weeks.
And again at 5 weeks...
Okay, well I've got to go. It takes so long to upload these photos with this internet connection we have here at the house that I'm always amazed I get as much of this blog done as I do. I'll have to do this update in several parts. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment