Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Home - Part 2

It's been a crazy since Denver came home. Today he is 3 weeks old and I'm just now getting around to blogging about the day we brought him home. Busy, busy!
Katelynn was super excited to be meeting her "baby brother." She even got to wear a sparkly "Big Sister" t-shirt.
Aunt Barby was eagerly awaiting our arrival as well. We even let her feed him...
 hmmm, now what do we do with him?!
 Katelynn finally mustered up the courage to meet Denver...

 "I'm not to sure about this..."
I came out of the kitchen on his 2nd day home and Katelynn had decided that she needed to feed her baby doll while Chris fed Denver...


 On Sunday Aunt Barby and Uncle Travis, Uncle Stew and Aunt Michaela, and Crystal and Baby Makayla all came over to welcome Denver home. Crystal made a very yummy cake, Barb ordered pizza, and Stew brought the drinks. It was a really nice afternoon!
 Meeting Uncle Stew...
We received a gift from our good friend Kate for Denver. She is so creative! She made us a "diaper cow." It's basically a diaper cake wrapped in a blanket. The legs were burp cloths, the tail was a block toy that jingles, and the head was a pillow. Katelynn absolutely loved it (very little comes into this house that doesn't "belong" to her).






 Katelynn decided that Vinson was cold, so she used "her" new blanket to cover him up.
 What?!



 Chris's co-workers got together and gave us a $40 gift card to Wal-mart and a large bouquet from Edible Arrangements. The base of the fruit basket was a bank! I wasn't quick enough to get a photo before the fruit got removed and placed in the fridge, but I did get a shot of the bank.
Denver Update: On Feb 7th we took Denver to the pediatrician. He weighed 6 lbs, 11 oz (up 1 ounce from his birth weight - 5 days after he started eating for the first time). On Feb 14th we had a follow-up with the pediatrician to make sure he's gaining weight. He weighed 7 lbs, 4 oz!!! He's doing just fine. :)
I'll end this blog with a shot of little man passed out (how he spends 3/4 of his days).

No comments:

Post a Comment