What a busy, crazy weekend for us! Saturday I managed to leave the house without my camera so I have no photos of the days events. We went to the zoo, found a really unique hotdog joint for lunch, went to Lakeside (the oldest amusement park in CO - Katelynn rode the carousel and a train that goes around the park), took the doggies to a dog park, and then went to Cherry Creek for dinner at the Cherry Cricket (it's been on the Travel Channel) where I had a very yummy hamburger! Sunday we headed up to Estes Park and spent the day with some friends checking out the town. We met at the lake for a picnic and to let the kids play on the playground.
Katelynn decided that she wanted to eat my peach, only she kept calling it a "ball." :)
Hmmm, what is this thing?
I think I like it!
No, you can't have it back!
I got some great shots of Katelynn and Chris swinging side-by-side...
They are even looking at each other in the next one!
Our little girl is growing up - she doesn't need anyone's help getting up to the slide; and if you even try to help she'll scream and smack your hand a way - watch out world!
Since she likes slides and playgrounds so much we thought we'd give the giant slide on the other side of town a try. You can slide down it for $1.
It's very large! Here are Chris and Katelynn picking out the blanket they want for sliding... (these blankets reminded me of the ones you get issued in boot camp)
And making their way to the top...
And down they go...
And her reaction?! Non-too pleased!
Chris kept begging me to let him try and take her down again, but that little girl was one very unhappy person. I didn't think it was a wise idea. I don't think it was the slide in general that upset her so much as the bouncing as they went over the bumps. Our friends Mike and Pacita's little girl, Leilani, did fine on Pacita's lap.
So, we walked around a bit and let Katelynn calm down...
Then we tried another type of activity - a bouncer (this one was $3). She needed a little coaxing to get inside, so I climbed in with her. She had a blast! I swear you could hear her laughing and screaming on the other side of the park!
Here's the bouncer...
And at first, as you can tell she wasn't sure what to think...
So I helped her up...
And she tried walking...
She did great once she fell and she realized that she bounced and it didn't hurt.
"do a little dance...get down tonight..."
The challenging part was getting her out. We were in there for a good 30 minutes; the only reason we got out was because my head started to hurt. She was not happy with me!
While we were playing in the bouncer, Chris was doing his own "bouncing" activity. (my camera got set to the wrong setting so these and the picture at the very top came out a little funny).
After this we headed over to the mini-golf course, and played a round. Once Katelynn got a hold of a putter the game was over! On our very first hole she ran after Chris's orange ball and promptly threw it in the water fountain - thankfully Chris's pole was long enough to reach it.
She did pretty good!
Her favorite part was picking up other peoples balls and dropping it into the hole! Needless to say none of us kept score. It was a lot of fun.
We were all a little hungry after this so we went to the Estes Brewery. They had FABULOUS pizza! They also make their own root beer, which was definitely unique. Then we headed down to main street and did some window shopping. Katelynn passed out about 5 minutes into it, but woke up just in time for ice cream (she is her Mother's daughter after all!).
No comments:
Post a Comment