Day 3, Part 2. Old Faithful. Ah. It's the one thing I've always heard about and have always wanted to see, and it finally happened! And it was well worth the wait.
We were pretty hungry by the time we got to this point so we went into the Old Faithful Inn (and I can't believe that I don't have ANY photos of this Inn because it was gorgeous - I must've been really hungry). I got a bison burger that was scrumptious! Chris got the buffet because it had trout (and we just fed Katelynn stuff off the buffet - she loved the beans, as usual!).
I'm eating here!
Yum!!
That's it - only 3 photos from the Inn and they are all of Katelynn eating beans! LOL.
We headed outside and over to the visitor center to see when the next time Old Faithful was going to errupt - 25 minutes. Okay, we can wait for that! So we just walked around (another) boardwalk.
2 steps after this next photo is when Katelynn went face first onto the concrete. Thankfully I had some Motrin in her diaper bag. Poor thing. Learning to walk is tough! But she's such a trooper, she was up and walking again within no time.
We worked our way closer to the car and Old Faithful, and found a spot on the bleachers.
A quick game of "tag"...
And she was ready to head out on her own again...
Apparently people aren't the only ones who enjoy the erruption...this little guy was getting comfy for the show too...
Now we patiently wait...
Can you see her bruise?
Behind Chris in the next photo you can see another geyser...this one was called the Beehive.
Here's a closer shot of it...
It's right next to the little fountain type burst of water. We were just looking around because below is all that Old Faithful was doing...
Everyone started getting really excited and counting down. I found this funny. It was like being at a sports game but you never quite knew when it would start - sometime within a 15 minute window the show will begin!
Suddenly to our left the Beehive took off!!!
Wow! That was cool. Then Old Faithful, not wanting to be overshadowed, started sputuring...
And as quickly as it started, it was all done...
So, it was back in the car for us, where Katelynn immediately passed out. Must've been all the excitement of Old Faithful and her little fall.
Then those crazy buffalo appeared again! Slowing traffic down as usual...
But this wasn't just any ordinary buffalo! Oh no, this one was intent on putting on a show and keeping traffic stopped!
Seriously, those things are huge! Who in their right mind (other then a family with a bunch of young kids) would walk right past one?!? People are crazy!!
Here are a few more shots on our way out of the park.
Most of our trip this day was on roads like the below photo...lots and lots and lots of pine trees!
Then we came upon a ranger and a crowd of people...you know what that means!!!
Wonder what it could possibly be this time??!!
Can you see him??
Those were the best we could get because the rangers didn't want people stopping on the road. It was another grizzly bear!!! That takes our count up to 4 already, and that lady said she'd never seen one! We must be lucky! I nicknamed myself the "bear lady!"
So, back on the road we went. Here are a few more on the way out...again, imagine what a professional could do!!
Katelynn was still doing well in the backseat...
And it's a good thing, because I had to hit my breaks. Do you see what I see??
That's right folks! The "bear lady" has struck again!!! Only this time there was no one around...at least until we stopped. I tried to get a close up, but he was on the move...
And there you have it. That's our last day in the park, or so you thought! We decided we had to go back one more time. So my next blog, Day 4, we will take a 3 hour detour and go through Yellowstone and the Grand Teton's on the way home! Check out my smile!! I just saw bear #5...just wait until tomorrow when the "bear lady" enters the park again!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment