Well I should probably tell you about the beginning of the trip. :) Katelynn and I left Denver via airplane on July 1st. Chris took us to the airport and waited with us until we got to the security check-in. We couldn't do online check-in since Katelynn was traveling on my lap, so we stood in line for a good 45 minutes (good thing we got to the airport 2 hours early). Security was the next hold up for us. It took us almost another 30 minutes to get through. Mostly because the people in front of us had lots of electronics that they forgot to take out of their bags, then they had to search my diaper bag. By the time we got to the gate, we only had to wait for about 15 minutes before boarding the plane.
She loved the planes!
We flew with Southwest so there was no assigned seating. We got to board the plane early and I decided to sit in the back so that I would have time to load up all her toys before getting off the plane. I chose an aisle seat too. Katelynn did very well on the flight, and no I did not drug her. She played with her book for about 20 minutes and then slept for a little over 2 hours. She woke up about 35 minutes before we landed. The electronic toys I bought for the trip were a bust because you couldn't hear the music (although she did have fun playing with them at Mom and Dads). She started to get restless right before landing which made holding her while the plane was landing a little tough, but we did fine. :)
Raleigh-Durham airport was very small. In fact I was typing a text letting everyone know we arrived and Nana came running up to us! Wow! :) Here is a pic of Nana and Pap-pap with Katelynn on the shuttle ride to their car.
We were (okay I was) hungry so we stopped at Sheetz! Might not sound to wonderful to some of you but I haven't had it in years. Yum!! We went to Wal-Mart and filled the back of Mom's Vibe with supplies then headed back to their house. Crystal and Donnie arrived shortly after we got there.
We set up their tents in "tent-alley." A nice clearing that Dad made - I think it'll be the new spot! It was a great place for all of our tents.
Katelynn and I slept inside the first night, and then outside in Uncle Stew's extra tent for the weekend. She was not a happy camper though. Refused to sleep in her pack-n-play while in the house so she got to sleep in the bed with me. I guess she's getting older and didn't like sleeping in the unfamiliar room (plus her Da-da wasn't there so I'm sure she was a little confused). She got a little spoiled on the trip too since she got to sleep with me all weekend on the air mattress in the tent. But by day 5 when we were back to sleeping in the house she did great in her pack-n-play and even took a nap in it! It was a long 5 days with her refusing naps and not sleeping well at night...and just when she got used to Nana and Pap-pap's house we left! :)
I ordered a "pool" for Katelynn to play in. The temps were in the high 90's and 100's the entire time. She was a little hesitant to get in at first...
But that didn't last long...
It had little sprinklers that went around the entire "pool"...
It also had little fountains that came up out of the creatures on the bottom...
The one corner had a little tube like circle thing that she insisted on sitting in...
Aunt Barby even got in and played with her (you can kind of see "tent-alley" behind her, and Pap-pap's there too)...
It was a great trip! The first weekend there was very busy. It was 4th of July, Donnie's birthday, and we celebrated Stew and Michaela's engagement the entire time, and as always a pontoon boat was rented for a day on the water (Katelynn and I didn't partake on the adventure this year since I wasn't feeling very well). As we do every year each "couple" took turns showing off their cooking skills. The first night Stew and Michaela impressed with bar-b-que'd ribs!! Yummy!!! And back by popular demand Crystal made her sausage gravy for breakfast one morning. Everyone's dishes were delicious! But I'd have to say the ribs were my favorite. :)
There were about 18 people (and almost as many dogs) at Mom and Dad's this year, which if you know my parents place is a lot of people for their one bathroom/one bedroom house - which is why everyone brings a tent. A port-a-potty was ordered by popular demand for the weekend! It was quite the saving grace!! :)
Katelynn loved being outdoors. Thankfully no ticks and no bug bites for her this year. She was fascinated with Nana's large windchime.
Due to our conditions Crystal and I spent most of the weekend in the shade, sipping water, with our feet up!
Katelynn liked to "bug" her Aunt Barby for her drink...
I got a great photo of her and her Uncle Stew!
Stew bought a few fun games for the weekend; one of them was croquet (the sun was just setting and I had some problems finding the right setting on my camera, so the pics are a little dark). I haven't played it in years, and still didn't get to this year (an 18 month old who didn't nap for 3 days at this point, and didn't sleep well at night made for a very "clingy" child). Hopefully Chris will be around next year so I can get a game in. :)
One of the days Katelynn found somebody's hat. It said, "Bite Me!"...
It didn't take too long for Katelynn to warm up to her Nana!
We spent part of one day at Mom and Dad's vegetable stand helping them sell some of their yummy veggies. Talked Mom into keeping a zucchini so that we could get some fried zucchini sandwiches! It's not a trip home in the summer without them!
Katelynn amused herself by playing with a swing. I had to "hide" the chains underneath because she is in this phase right now where everything needs to go around her neck - not fun! As you can see she tried very hard to get to the chains...
And then she spotted something new!
So she got up and backed up to it...
Yep, a rock pile!
She immediately started picking up the rocks and dropping them...
Alright, this blog has gotten pretty long and Katelynn should be waking up soon. So, Part 2 will cover our trip to the lake, or as Katelynn called it "bath!" :)
No comments:
Post a Comment