Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weekend Fun


We have started doing our weekend trips again. Chris and I were talking one night and realized that we only had a year and a half left in Colorado and there was so much we wanted to do. So we figured we'd pack our weekends full of fun stuff!
We started off by going to Tiny Town. It's a small town in the mountains of Colorado where everything is in miniature scale. They had a miniature train that we got to ride that Katelynn absolutely loved!




Then we drove down to the Springs and went hiking with Chris's Dad at Farish Mountain Retreat (it's an Air Force getaway up in the Mountains). It was gorgeous up there! The mountain flowers were blooming and it was a great day to be out hiking. We ended up forgetting the "snugli" for Katelynn so we had to carry her. Later I realized that I didn't have it anymore (I'm about 99% sure I left it in VA), so we ended up going out and buying a back-pack for hikers before our next hike (which she absolutely loves being in!).








Our next hike was a big one. Chris and I read in the paper that the wildflowers at Gore Range were really pretty this year because it has been so wet. So we thought we'd go up and hike the pass (Ute pass I believe). We were originally going to do the 14 mile round-trip hike up to the top of the pass, but we got a late start so we figured we'd at least head up to Wheeler Lake and turn around from there (a little over 6 miles round trip - we climbed 1550 feet in 3.2 miles). We didn't go alone on this hike - Chris's family came too - Jim, Kelly, Brenden, Lexi, Chris, Katelynn, Me, and 5 dogs! It was an awesome day and a beautiful hike.













Since we were pretty wore out after the big hike the following weekend we stayed in Denver and ventured out to the Denver Botanical Gardens. They were beautiful!





Hope you enjoyed the pics and until next time - just keep smiling! :)
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment