Monday, August 3, 2009

Shame on me


Wow - it's been almost 3 months since I've updated this blog! So much has happened...where should I start?! Lets start with today and work backwards. Katelynn is now 8 months and weighs 13lbs! She has put on almost 2lbs since May. She is not crawling yet, but she is sitting up all by herself now (although a bit wobbly at times I can still walk into the kitchen and come back and she'll still be upright). We believe that she's teething - you'll notice the lovely drool/snot all over her face on the below pics.




She is up to Stage 2 baby food jars, and she eats the whole thing! She'll even eat a Stage 1 fruit with it! Her only problem is she likes to feed herself, but hasn't quite figured out how to use the spoon yet. This is a very messy chore. Thank goodness for wipes or she'd be getting 3 baths a day!!



She is using a sippy cup for juice (1/4 juice, 3/4 water), and we're still breastfeeding (yeah me - but I still hate it). I'm thinking that I'll start weening her around 10/11 months. We'll see how that goes - I'm sure I'll blog about it!

Let's see what else. She's sleeping through the night now - Yeah!! We put her down between 730 and 830pm and she'll sleep until 630am and then go back to sleep for another hour or two.
We spent 6 glorious weeks in the VA/PA area! It was so wonderful to be home. We greatly missed Chris, but enjoyed the family so much. My best friend, Crystal, flew out to CO and then drove with Katelynn, Vinson, and myself all the way to VA (she rocks!!). This is Chris, Katelynn, and me before we left on our drive across country.

This is Katelynn chilling at our first rest stop in KS.


This is Katelynn getting a bath at Crystal's parents house in WV.

This is Katelynn eating carrots for the first time at Nanna's house.

Here is Katelynn at 6 months, she needed a pillow to sit up.


Katelynn got lots of cuddles from Aunt Barby while we were home.



And lots of cuddles from her Uncle Stew.


Okay well there are many more photos from our trip home, so I think I'll just do another blog on the trip home. Until then, hope all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment