Katelynn is up to 11lbs 13oz. She is doing very well despite all that has been going on. Mother's Day was definitely an adventure in this house. It started off well with Chris making breakfast, but around mid-Day hubby and baby took a tumble down the stairs. We spent the day at Children's hospital. No worries both hubby and baby are fine just a little shaken. As you'll see below Katelynn has quite the "goose egg."
We went to the doctor's for a follow-up, and she was very frustrated with us. She doesn't understand why we came in - apparently she's been trying to get the scheduler to put people who go to the ER through to her so she can tell us not to worry with coming in, as she put it, "What can I do, tell you yes she looks beautiful." Her words, not mine. I personally would think that a baby's doctor would like to see a baby after something like an ER visit, but I'm no doctor. Anyway, good news about the "quack" doctor, her contract is up in August and from what I hear they'll be bringing in a military doctor and letting her go (we must not be the only ones complaining).
On to better things. Katelynn still can not roll from her tummy to her back, but she's getting good at crying loudly enough for me to come over and roll her over. She's ALMOST sitting up on her own - she gets a little stronger each day. However she prefers to stand over sitting (I need to get Chris to snap some pictures of her doing this so I can put them up). She is almost crawling too. When on her tummy she kicks her legs and scrunches up. I imagine in the next month she'll be moving!
The next thing we did this month was we started feeding her baby food. Sunday the 18th was her first taste of green beans, and boy did she not like them! However since she has quite the appetite she ate about 1/4 of the jar. Hope you enjoy the photos!
No comments:
Post a Comment