Monday, September 10, 2012

Katelynn's First Dance Class

I signed Katelynn up for a 3-year old dance class. She goes every Monday night at 620pm for 30 minutes. In December they are supposed to do a little recital! I'm not sure who was more excited, Me or Katelynn!
I told her last night that she was going to dance the next day - big mistake! She was so excited, it took me forever to get her to sleep. Then this morning she came down the steps wearing her pj's and ballet slippers asking if it was time to go to dance class.
She said I had to put her hair in a bun, not a pony tail. I don't think I got a shot of her bun, but it looked pretty cute!!
 Showing off her moves before leaving for class.
She walked right into the room, found a spot on the floor with the other girls and didn't even look for me. So sad. My little girl is growing up. They wouldn't let us in the room...I thought we'd be able to watch, but instead there was a line of us Mom's trying to watch through a small window in the door - LOL!
 
 Afterwards the girls all got a sticker.
 
One of the time's I got to look in the window all the girls were standing at the mirror holding on to the bar. Katelynn was towards the back. She did the move they told them to do then she let go and started running around the middle doing jumps and such...while all the other girls were still standing there trying to do the move. The one instructor chased her down and put her back at the bar. Sigh - that's my girl! I thought for sure they'd say something, but I guess in a class full of 3 year olds they get that a lot.
Her she is showing us her moves once we got home.
I asked her what she learned and she screamed at me, "EVERYTHING!" She was so excited.
And one more photo. I asked her to pose right after class and she ran up to the wall and leaned against it. Probably my best photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment