Saturday, June 23, 2012

Veggies!

My little container garden is starting to take off! All my plants have blooms on them - so exciting. I had a tomato, but Katelynn saw it and now it is no more. I'm trying to teach her that they must turn red and get bigger before we pick them and eat them.
My lettuce was doing so well and about a day or two before I was going to cut it a lovely something helped themselves to it - GRRRRRRR! There is a piece or two still standing, but it looks like someone really enjoyed it.
 My peppers are doing outstanding! Full of blooms and little peppers.
 Katelynn discovered these as well, but she only picked one.
 
Chris has been eagerly watering the yard, trees, plants, flowers, etc on a steady basis...a little too much. Some of my plants are turning yellow. He has strict orders not to water them for awhile. These are my beans and peas. You can see the cucumber leaves on the other side doing really well (they're covered in yellow flowers right now too). My beans and peas are planted in that moisture control soil...I'm not a fan of it. The other side with the peppers and cucumbers has Mom and Dad's soil/fertilizer that we filled the containers with when we brought them from their place. Guess we know which one the plants prefer!!
Katelynn's sunflowers are doing well...
and so are my pumpkins and squash. My only problem with those are I have no idea which ones are which right now. I started them in pots and then moved them into the beds. Some I kept in small pots, but they got all mixed up some how. Aw well, I will know soon enough!
A friend of mine gave us some "fresh" Hatch green chiles from New Mexico (she has them in her freezer). Chris was so excited!! We made a big green chile stew - it was so yummy I was eating it on everything - eggs, toast, tortillas - YUM!
 
Things are going really well for us right now. We've been busy with doing lots of family stuff before Chris deploys. We took another trip to the National zoo. It was a lot of fun. Katelynn was super excited about the flamingos. They were her favorite this trip.
 
 
 
Hope things are well with everyone. Try and stay cool, this heat has been awful!

No comments:

Post a Comment