Sunday, May 27th was the Baltimore Oriole's Military Appreciation Day game. They gave out free tickets on base; which I'm glad I ran over and picked up right away because they were "sold" out in 3 hours!
Barb told me that the first 10,000 fans in the stadium get a cool t-shirt, so we left early and got there early enough to get our free t-shirts! Turns out they only came in one size - XL, so I now have a new sleep shirt.
My complaint for the day - it was HOT! Seriously, it was in the 90's. I dressed the kids to keep them from burning, which wasn't very heat friendly, but I don't know too many clothes that are heat friendly when you're sitting out in the open with the sun pelting on you. UGH!
Here are some shots from when we first got there.
Here I am trying to get Denver to keep his hat on.
Chris had the camera so no shots of him.
Chris had the great idea to let the kids run on the ramps (which were empty) to burn off some steam. Denver loved it.
I'm framing this photo! I think it's so cute.
Our seats!
Katelynn said, "They're HOT!" and then refused to sit anywhere but on my lap. Yea, I was pretty miserable too, BUT I did get a new hat out of it! It's my new running hat. :)
Honor Guard.
Both kids wanting to sit with me.
Denver lasted until the 3rd inning and then Chris took him back to the ramps. Katelynn and I lasted until the 6th and then she started whining that she wanted to go home. Really, I couldn't blame her.
She also wanted to switch hats - she thought mine was "prettier." She looks so hot in this photo.
We got the kids in the car and as soon as the car cooled down both kids were snoring. It was a very peaceful drive home. Chris said no more baseball games for awhile, and quite frankly, I have to agree!


No comments:
Post a Comment