I took Katelynn to her 3 year old check-up today. She is doing well. She's 38 1/2" (95 percentile) and 30 lbs (40 percentile). Tall and lean like her Daddy!
Developmentally she got all the right check-marks except for one. They asked if she could draw a circle. I bought her a Care Bear book awhile back that had shapes and such in it and there were parts for her to trace and draw them, and she wouldn't do it. I've tried drawing them and she won't copy me. I guess that's a skill they are suppose to have mastered by now? I see a bunch of shape exercises coming up this week. I was working on the alphabet, but looks like I need to work on her being able to draw. Hmmm.
She's still not potty trained. We are going to refocus on that after the Holiday's. Between now and then I'm determined to get rid of her night time sippy. A friend of mine suggested that I put her in skirts when I start potty training because it's easier...great idea! I'm going to do a sticker book too. A sticker for every time she potty's. Maybe a toy after a week of no accidents. I found a great website for potty training, so I'm going to read through that and see what else I can come up with. It should go a bit smoother with Chris around. Right?! LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment