Monday, January 17, 2011

Pregnancy Update - 36 weeks

Well I made it past the 36 week mark! Which is a big milestone for me since that's when my water broke and Katelynn arrived during my first pregnancy. The way I see it every day from here on out is just one day closer to a healthier, happier baby. I have to be honest though, I was a wreck for about 2 weeks thinking that the baby was coming, but now that we are 3 days past that point I am calming down and we are just doing the waiting game.
We went to my 36 week appointment on Thursday and all is looking great. Baby is head down and they even said I was 2cm dilated and 50% effaced (this bit of news didn't help with the nerves last week), but don't get excited all that means is that the baby can come either any day or in 4 weeks when it's supposed to. This also means that the baby is doing everything right so we will be able to try for a natural birth this time around! The only time that will change is if complications come up during labor or if we hit 41 weeks and then they will have to do anther c-section.
When they tell you that all pregnancies are different - they couldn't be any more right. This has certainly not been the easy, breezy pregnancy I had with Katelynn. I am definitely feeling like a pregnant woman this time around. I have trouble putting shoes on, walking, sitting - basically just moving! I'm sure having a complicated pregnancy with bouts of bed rest and lack of activity doesn't help with this any, but we do what we have to in order to create a safe environment for the life we are creating. Thankfully, Denver has been a very active baby - stretching, kicking, rolling. That's something I never experienced with the first pregnancy. It is quite an experience to look at your belly and see it moving. Chris finds it quite disturbing - claims it looks like an "alien has invaded my belly." Too funny.
Unlike last pregnancy we are ready for this baby! The baby room is complete, clothes are washed and put away, my bag for the hospital is packed, and the car seat is installed. I'm sure this means the baby will wait until 40 weeks to arrive. There are still some items we need, but nothing that can't wait until after baby comes and life returns to normal, so now we just wait. :)
And, just for you Uncle Frank, here are some detailed photos of what the baby room looks like. :D
You may remember a blog I did before we moved about the furniture for the baby's room that we were painting. Here is what Denver's dresser looks like - I just need to find some type of nautical handles for it and it will be complete. Didn't turn out too bad for our first attempt at painting furniture, and the whole cracked looked fits in perfect with the nautical theme.
When you walk in you can see a room now! No more floor to ceiling boxes...I didn't think we'd ever get through all that stuff. We removed the doors and "half-painted" an old china cabinet (in fact it used to be Dad's tractor cabinet) Mom gave us. I have a nautical flag set that I'm going to attach to the top of it. It works great as a storage place for toys!!
Found a changing table on Craig's List for $15. Not sure what to do with the bouncy horse now that we are in a much smaller house, so for now it's in the baby's room. We'll have to find another home for it when he moves into his own room in about 3 months.
That little blue end table is one of the other pieces of furniture we painted.
 A quilt that Aunt Jo made for baby Denver! I love it!!!

 An overstuffed closet. We will probably be searching for some closet organizers over the next year to help with all our storage issues in this house!
Well I know that we can't wait for our baby boy to arrive. And, so they are not left out, here is a recent pic of Chris and Katelynn - both are doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment