I believe that I have the most wonderful husband ever! Not only did he go out of his way to make my birthday special but the entire weekend. I feel so blessed to have him in my life!!
Friday, Oct 1, was my 33rd birthday (yep, I'm getting old!). I decided to treat myself to breakfast so Katelynn and I headed to Starbucks where I had not a Tall, but a Grande (!) Pumpkin Spice Nonfat, no-whip, Latte! YUMMY! Then we drove over to My Favorite Muffin (an excellent muffin/breakfast place in Aurora) and I ordered a traditional (egg and cheese) breakfast sandwich on a spinach and swiss bagel - YUMMY! We drove home so I could make Katelynn her eggs and I could enjoy mine. Never got a chance to finish my breakfast sandwich (for some reason it just didn't heat up right in the microwave).
Chris called and needed me to run an errand. In order for us to get on the base housing wait list we have to have a document that proves I'm pregnant (I believe this is so we can get a 3 bedroom house, although they told us that all E-6's get 3 bedroom, so I don't know). We asked for one at the ultra sound (who is done at a different office then my OB since the military tells you where to go) and we faxed it over to them. They called and told Chris that it was unacceptable!!! Seriously?! What type of proof do I need?! So I called my OB office and they said just to come in and they'll get me one. So that's what Katelynn and I did over lunch. Decided to grab McDonald's, got home and Vinson ate my burger while I laid Katelynn down for her nap!!! Darn dog!
Chris came home barring gifts!!
The flowers and Starbucks card were in his hands! The three of us then headed to downtown Denver to the Hard Rock Cafe for the rest of my birthday gifts. He got me the Hard Rock Breast Cancer pin (I've been collecting them since 2001), and they actually raised their discount to 20% for military so we ended up eating there too! We hit up the Cheesecake Factory for a slice of Pumpkin Cheesecake as my birthday cake! YUMMY! (Chris actually doesn't like cheesecake so it was ALL mine!!!).
Saturday morning we got up and went to Dozen's (a local breakfast shop with the best homemade cinnamon rolls!!!) for breakfast then we spent the day shopping!
He bought me 11 pregnancy tops! We were searching for Motherhood Maternity since I got some things I liked there when I was pregnant with Katelynn, but the two I knew of were now closed. However, we did hit up the clearance section at Gap maternity and we discovered A Pea in a Pod (who is owned by Motherhood Maternity). The only thing I need now is a pair of jeans and perhaps another type of pant. And, yes, there is a Bronco shirt in there - LOL!
Chris had arranged for one of his friends from work to come over and watch Katelynn so we could go on a date night. It was an AWESOME evening! We went to Carino's and then headed to the movies (our first one together in a long time). We ended up watching Resident Evil: Afterlife. It was an awesome movie! Although I jumped so many times Chris considered leaving...good thing I wasn't in my third trimester!!!
Sunday was another day to celebrate my birthday, and we went hiking! We went back to Golden Gate Canyon State Park, in Golden, CO (we had gone there over Mother's Day when there was still snow on the ground). This time there was no snow, but there were lots of beautiful golden Aspen trees, and, as always, I've got lots of photos to share! :)
It was just a beautiful day for a hike!
Sis, this photo above is from Chris to you. He said something about a song you recorded for him about goalposts of life! LOL.
Parts of the trail got pretty steep, but it wasn't anything this pregnant women couldn't handle!!!
Vinson wanted to be in the photos too...
At the top of our climb...
And then it was time to head back to the car. We had to take more photos of the Aspens...they were just too pretty not too.
You'll notice we are both walking the dogs, and that's cause we kept fighting over who got to use the camera!
Can you see my baby bump? 21 weeks prego...
I took a shot of the 3 of us...
Chris snatched the camera and said he could do better...
Ha, ha, ha...he's missing one of us. LOL...he's next attempt was better. :)
We took Katelynn out of the backpack so she could stretch her legs on the path up to the car. She really wasn't happy to be walking at first, and then she discovered pine cones and insisted on picking up every single one she could find.
Another one!
Hope you enjoyed the photos! We are headed to the circus next weekend...should be a lot of fun. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment