Part 2. I should be able to get the rest of the trip into this blog! We, my sister and I, took Katelynn to a playground near the lake one morning. She had fun climbing and sliding, but then she noticed the lake. She pointed at it, started chanting "bath," and took off at full speed for the lake. If I would've known that the only playground we were going to find was near the lake I would've put her in a swimsuit. No matter though, normal clothes did not deter her at all!
Thank goodness Aunt Barby was there and willing to go in with her or I wouldn't have been able to get all these photos!
Okay, Katelynn, take my hand...
Here we go...
Splish-splash...
Okay, let me just sit down for a sec...
He, he...this is fun!
I let her play in the water for awhile...probably about 20 minutes. Then I tried to get her out, and boy was she NOT happy! It's funny how she absolutely hated water and bath times when she was first born, but now it's all I can do to keep her out of it. My biggest problem these days is keeping her out of the dog water dish. She loves to splash it and dump it on the kitchen floor then sit in it. Makes such a mess!
Well part of the trip home was for Stew and Michaela's engagement party (I got the below photos from Talya - Michaela's sister)!
We celebrated the AWESOME couple on our last day of the 4th of July weekend. Michaela's parents as well as her sister and her boyfriend made it up for the weekend too. They took care of the food for the engagement party. Here is Michaela's Dad working the grill!
Here are the tables all set up and everyone enjoying the great food they made!!!
Stew's table...
My table...
Here's a shot of Michaela and her Dad!
I didn't head out on the boat this year since I wasn't feeling well, but I got a shot of Dad driving the boat from Michaela's sister, Talya!
And here is what we spent our evenings around...probably the best gift Barb and Travis ever got Mom and Dad for Christmas!! We love the firepit!!!
Well that was my trip home! We had a great time...it was a bit rough at the beginning, but once Katelynn got used to the new surroundings it was wonderful. Hopefully next year Chris will be able to join us. :)








No comments:
Post a Comment