Okay, so I didn't actually RUN a marathon! But I did do a 5-man relay in the Colfax Marathon!Alright, well this blog isn't about Katelynn, I'm taking a second to tell you how proud I am of myself! On Sunday, Bethany, Me, Chris, Adam, and Pacita ran a 5-man relay during the 2010 Colfax Marathon.
My leg was 4.8 miles and I ran the ENTIRE way! I didn't stop not once!! Okay, that's not true, I did stop one time about half way through because I needed water and after dumping half of it down the front of my shirt, I paused to drink some water then continued running the rest of the way!!! I got past the 4 mile marker (mile 21) and I told myself you got less then a Navy PT test to go, so I just pushed right on through, then I rounded the corner and headed up this enormous hill!! My legs were so tired, but they got me up the hill and around the bend to my relay finish point (seriously though - who puts a hill at the end of a leg??!! OMG!!!).
Chris had the next leg, but when I crossed my relay line he was no where to be found!! He apparently had run to the bathroom, so there was a small delay in his start! He, he.
You got a "goody" bag and a medal for finishing. I was so darn proud of that medal that I didn't take it off!! Notice I'm the only one wearing mine!! :) :) :)
Here is Chris running his 5.3 mile leg of the race.
And crossing the finish line...
I'm so proud of all of us! We all managed to finish our legs of the race in under 45 minutes (Bethany who did 7.7 miles finished hers in 50 minutes).
Here's a shot of Me, Pacita, Chris, and Adam... (again notice who the only one wearing her medal is! I'm such a dork!!)...
Katelynn was there too...
She was all smiles and very proud of her Mom-ma and Da-da...
It was just an awesome morning! Then we went home...
On Saturday Vinson dug his way in to the neighbors yard AGAIN. They have a new dog over there and it's been driving all 3 of our dogs crazy. So we left Vinson in the house...which we've never had a problem with before. I'm thinking we should've left Kira and Todd inside too, because this is what Vinson did to the carpet (mind you this is a rental home!). He's costing us a small fortune right now...
Hope you all had wonderful weekends!!

No comments:
Post a Comment