Chris was driving...
And this was Katelynn's look for most of the trip - doesn't she look thrilled?!?
So we turned around and went back down the pass. We stopped at a gas station to figure out where we should go next. We decided to head south and take 114 up over Cochetopa Pass, but as luck would have it that's the same way everyone else decided to go, and yep, you guessed it, we got turned around because this time a bus overturned and caused a 30 car pile up. I guess we were just not meant to make it to Gunnison on Sunday, so we headed about 20 miles further south to Monte Vista, CO, where we got a hotel room for the night. Monday morning we got up and set out again. This time Cochetopa Pass was clear - minus a few patchy spots along the very windy road.
Mike and Pacita's car behind us...
Katelynn was much happier! Plus she had Vinson to keep her company.
Once we got to Gunnison on Monday, we checked into our hotel and then headed into town to a park for the kids to burn off some energy! Katelynn had a blast on all the "rides."
She loved the see-saw.
She liked climbing up the slide, and loved going down it too, but couldn't figure out how to keep from falling backwards while slidding down.
And one of her favorites has always been the swings. This is her and Leilani swinging together.
And a family shot...
We headed over to Blue Mesa Reservoir after lunch and took a bunch of photos. It was completely frozen, and very beautiful.
People actually walked out on it! So, I figured, why not? :)
I caught you taking a picture of me, taking a picture of you. :)
A picture of the 3 of us.
There was a little beach area that was really pretty and easy to access so we got out and took a bunch of photos of Katelynn. I'm sure someday she's going to be annoyed by all the crazy places we sat her!
The beach area.
Pics of us and Katelynn...
I love this one!
Okay, well I've got a gazillion more photos to upload, so I will blog about day 2 and 3 another time. Hope you enjoyed the photos!
No comments:
Post a Comment