It's been quite a while since I've had an opportunity to sit down and type out a blog update. Where to begin?! Katelynn is now 5 months old. :) At our last doctor's visit she weighed 11 lbs! You can tell she's getting bigger because it's getting harder and harder to swing her in her car seat - guess we'll have to come up with another way to quiet her down. We did so much in the past 4 weeks that this blog is going to be full of photos!
Lets see, where should we start? We paid our taxes! And since I think that I'm funny, I put her in the following outfit:
We went to the Rockie's home opener! Chris was involved in the opening ceremony - they did something with the military so our tickets were only $1. Katelynn did really well. She made it through 3 innings - pretty good considering how warm it got.
We celebrated Easter with Chris's family! We went down to the Springs to Heather's house and had a nice dinner and an indoor Easter egg hunt. Katelynn was non-too impressed with this experience! I tried putting an egg beside her and letting her reach for it, but she wasn't having it. I also got a little creative and made my first Easter bunny cake!
Katelynn also got to sample her first taste of rice cereal. She seemed to really like it - at least she kept opening up her mouth for more. I mixed it with formula and she didn't seem to have any problems. I figured since she was doing well with that I might as well switch her over to formula in a bottle now. Well that's not working too well - it's making her very gassy! The poor thing is bloated and "tooting" up a storm! So I've backed off of the bottles and cereal for now. I'll let her get back to normal and then try the cereal again.
What else happened?! Katelynn got baptized on April 19th. It was a wonderful ceremony - I think the Priest used an entire bottle of oil on her head though! Poor thing, I had to take her to the bathroom to clean her face and get it out of her eyes.
Doesn't Chris look just like his Dad?!
And we can't forget the most important thing that happened this month! Katelynn got to meet her Nana and Pappa!!! They drove all the way from VA to meet their first Grandchild. I planned the Baptism around their being here so they got to be involved in that experience as well. They made it into town the day of our 2-day mini-April Blizzard! What fun it was. We had a blast while they were here and we can't wait until May when we head home for a few weeks. :)
This is Mom and Dad's car!
New things Katelynn has "mastered" this month. She has discovered her hands! You probably noticed that in just about every photo she has them crammed in her mouth. She also discovered her ears! Her new favorite pose is to hold her hand on her ear. She has also mastered rolling from her back to her tummy. The problem with this is she hasn't figured out how to roll back over, and since she doesn't like being on her tummy she cries until you roll her back over. This is a big problem when she does it at 1am, 3am, 5am and won't go back to sleep! It's been an interesting month indeed! Also Aunt Heather gave her a pink bunny/blanket/rattle that she absolutely loves (first photo all the way at the top!).
Well I hope that you enjoyed the photos! I'll try and blog a little sooner next time so there won't be as many photos. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment