Wednesday, December 3, 2008

She's Here!!


Chris and I drove down to Colorado Springs on Thursday for Thanksgiving, on the way home I was complaining to Chris about how I just didn't feel right. My stomach felt crampy, and I thought something was wrong. At 2am Friday morning my water broke! I called the Doctor's office and they said to get my bag and head to the hospital. Since all of this happened 4 weeks before I was expecting it to - we didn't have a bag packed! We were going to do that over the weekend. So we grabbed some stuff and threw it in a bag. We got to the hospital around 330am. I was not experiencing any cramping and they said that I wasn't even dilated. Over the next few hours my cramping started, I went from 0 to 8 cm, they determined that Katelynn was breech, and we went in for an emergency C-section. At 10:04am (6 1/2 hours after we arrived at the hospital) Katelynn Mae Gillen arrived into this world! She weighed 5lbs, 8ounces and was 18 1/2 inches long. They had her on oxygen for several hours (I didn't even get to see her until 7pm that night), and they kept her in NICU for the rest of the night. We stayed in the hospital until Monday morning when they released both me and Katelynn.
We are both doing well since arriving home. The stitches from the emergency c-section take some getting used to, but I'm adjusting and getting around well. Katelynn is doing great! Since she was breech she had a lot of bruising on her body which makes her more susceptible to Jaundice, so she is a little yellow right now, but hopefully that'll pass in time. Also, because she was breech in a few weeks we'll have to go and have her hips/pelvic area x-rayed to make sure that all is well in that area. We have our first appointment with the Pediatrician tomorrow at 3pm, so hopefully all will go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment